A Divorce Lawyers Top 8 Tips When Separating
I was asked today what is my advice of coping with advice. On reflection there are 8 top tips:
After 30 years of doing divorce work, my 8 top tips when separating are:
- Make sure you and the kids are safe.
- Have a support network- family, friends.
- Go see a counsellor- someone independent to sort your head out helps.
- Have a positive attitude- aside from yourself, this can be invaluable for your kids
- Exercise- the best antidote to the stress of separating.
- Protect the kids positively. While the poison of separating affects you- it can impact your kids permanently.
- Get financial advice from an expert.
- Hire the most experienced lawyer you can find. They may not have to do much, but they might save your bacon.