A Divorce Lawyers Top 8 Tips When Separating
I was asked today what is my advice of coping with advice. On reflection there are 8 top tips:
After 30 years of doing divorce work, my 8 top tips when separating are:
- Make sure you and the kids are safe.
- Have a support network- family, friends.
- Go see a counsellor- someone independent to sort your head out helps.
- Have a positive attitude- aside from yourself, this can be invaluable for your kids
- Exercise- the best antidote to the stress of separating.
- Protect the kids positively. While the poison of separating affects you- it can impact your kids permanently.
- Get financial advice from an expert.
- Hire the most experienced lawyer you can find. They may not have to do much, but they might save your bacon.
You might also like
FacebookTwitterGoogle+Like9 Once you’ve completed your name change, it’s important that you make sure to spread the news. Of course, your close friends and family probably already know—and may have been
FacebookTwitterGoogle+Like52 Filing for divorce is never easy, especially when children are involved. Many couples will often put off separating to avoid breaking up their family when sometimes the best solution