A Divorce Lawyers Top 8 Tips When Separating
I was asked today what is my advice of coping with advice. On reflection there are 8 top tips:
After 30 years of doing divorce work, my 8 top tips when separating are:
- Make sure you and the kids are safe.
- Have a support network- family, friends.
- Go see a counsellor- someone independent to sort your head out helps.
- Have a positive attitude- aside from yourself, this can be invaluable for your kids
- Exercise- the best antidote to the stress of separating.
- Protect the kids positively. While the poison of separating affects you- it can impact your kids permanently.
- Get financial advice from an expert.
- Hire the most experienced lawyer you can find. They may not have to do much, but they might save your bacon.
You might also like
FacebookTwitterGoogle+Like82 By Rosalind Sedacca, CCT Over the years there have been endless studies on the effects of divorce on parents and children. Some of the results are controversial. Others seem
FacebookTwitterGoogle+Like14 Yes. Child Support calculations use several factors, which include the combined income of both parties (minus tax deductions), the number of children the parties have together, child care and