How to Guide – Marital Happiness
A recent study ranked the top 10 factors that influenced marital happiness, shown here in descending order of importance.
- Love between spouses (Duh!)
- Willingness and ability to communicate (Double duh!)
- Loyalty (Yup!)
- Children (That’s why we should all adopt teens that already have full scholarships to Stanford.)
- Income (Money can buy you love apparently)
- Sexual life (That’s what she said.)
- Relations between mother-in-law and daughter-in-law (What about just plain old mother and daughter relations?)
- Relationship with in-laws in general (Just move out already!)
- Housing conditions (In a tent or in a caravan . . . I’m out)
- Housework allocation (Who allocates? This must be a German survey… Sorry Germans but my Grandmother was from Dusseldorf and I know)
The survey also found that people who have been married for less than three years were the happiest demographic while those who have been married from seven to 10 years were enjoying their marriages the least.
What do you think the drivers are for Marital Happiness?
What worked and didn’t work for you?
What changes are you going to make in the future?
Email us your thoughts Here and let’s start the discussion.
Let us know & Best of Luck!
Thom & Team
You might also like
FacebookTwitterGoogle+Like31 Get Motivated – “The grass IS sometimes greener, time to move on.” – Thom You can do this. Keep breathing and keep moving on. To help you on your
FacebookTwitterGoogle+Like4 “The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow. For every challenge encountered there is opportunity for growth.” -unknown You can do this. Keep breathing and